The Mardi Himal Trek is a newly opened route and hidden treasure in the Annapurna region. This trek is best destination to avoid the crowd. Mardi Himal trek offer imaging view of Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, Machhapuchre and Manaslu ranges. Mardi Himal base camp, Sidhing village and Lwang are the major attraction of this trek. The trek starts at Kande after 1 hours driving from Pokhara.
The trail is good, first slowly up, then a bit steeper to Australian Camp (2060m – About one hour), then after that slightly downhill to Pothana (1950m) then up again to Deurali (2100m). There is a right turn in Deurali sign posted “Forest Camp” the trail is through jungle, at first up then undulating on the top of a ridge, there is a section just over half way where the trail drops steeply and then slowly gains height and then back onto the ridge and into Forest Camp (2600m).
The trail is initially quite steep leaving Forest Camp but soon gets less steep as you again get upon the ridge. The trail leaves Low Camp again in jungle, but the trees soon start to get smaller and after about one hours trekking broke out of the jungle and onto the open ridge with spectacular views of Machhapuchhre ahead and Annapurna South to my left.
It is possible to continue trekking along the ridge for another 4 to 5 hours to Mardi Himal Base Camp (4500m) and return to High Camp in around 4 hours – This makes a long day but there is also a viewpoint about half way, the imaging view can be from here. After that, we trek down to Low Camp. When we arrive to Low Camp, we trek Sidhing , Ghalel and Lwang villages. From Lwang, we drive back to Pokhara.
Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300m/4,264ft)
Drive to Pokhara (823m/2,700ft): 6-7 hours
Drive to Phedi and trek to Deurali (2100m/6,720ft): 30 minutes drive, 4-5 hours trek
Deurali to forest camp (2,520m/8064ft): 6-7 hours
Forest Camp to low camp (2970m/9504ft): 5-6 hours
Low camp to high camp (3540m/11,328ft): 3-4 hours
High camp to upper viewpoint (4250m/13600ft), return back to high camp: 2-3 hours
High camp to Sidhing Village (1700m/5440ft): 6-7 hours
Trek to Lumre, drive to Pokhara and fly to Kathmandu: 2-3 hours trek, 2 hours drive and 25 minutes flight
Single Person - US$880
2-4 Person - US$860Per Person
4 & Above - US$ 840 Per Person
The Trip Cost Includes
- Airport transfers by private car in Kathmandu.
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) card.
- 2 nights accommodation in Kathmandu at 3 star Nepalese standard hotel.
- Daily meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner) during the trek prepared by our cook.
- Daily hot drinks such as tea, coffee and hot chocolate.
- Necessary equipment that required for Camping trek.
- 1 experienced and license holder trekking guide and his daily meal, wage & accommodation.
- 1 porter/carrier for a group of 2 person ( carry 20-25kg) and his daily meal, wage & accommodation.
- Trekking equipment such as down jacket, sleeping bag (refundable after the trek).
- Twin sharing accommodation during the trek at Tents.
- Trekking Permit.
- Our service charge & value added tax.
The Trip Costs Excludes
- Insurance – coverage your personal accidents, medical and Helicopter Evacuation
- Meals in Kathmandu ( Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
- Nepal entry visa fee, international flights.
- Your personal expenses such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, mineral water, laundry, internet, phonecall.
- Expenses occurred due to unavoidable Events i.e. road wrecks, flight delays etc
- Extra expenses such as camera battery charging cost, taking shower, hot water etc
- Tips for the guide & porter.